🔍 RELATED ARTICLES
Public holidays are special days that will indicate a day off or penalty rates for employees.
Roster shifts should only be assigned on public holidays if the employee is actually working that day. For permanent employees not working on the public holiday, EE (Easy Employer) will calculate the hours for that day based on the employee's pay conditions (standard days and minimum daily hours - refer to the related article above).
To change what public holidays your organisation observes, please refer to the related article above.
2) Create a public holiday template
You can create public holiday templates to load in on a public holiday because your shifts may differ to normal.
- Click Scheduling on the navigation bar and select Roster templates.
- Select Create Roster Template.
- Fill out the following details:
- Duration: 1 day.
- Roster template name: give it a name (e.g. Public Holiday Template).
- Create from: Blank.
- The roster template will load with only 1 day. Here you can assign all the shifts required for the public holiday.
3) Load a public holiday template
- Open your roster and load in your normal Weekly Template.
- Click the cog at the bottom of the public holiday day, and press the "Load template from this day" button.
- Select this and choose your public holiday template.