🔍 RELATED ARTICLES
1) What is the ability file upload & why is this important?
This feature enables users to upload a file (.pdf, .jpg, .png) to record that a user maintains a specific ability (e.g. qualification). This file can only be uploaded or viewed by users that possess the 'Administrator or Owner' permissions.
This can be used to track users qualifications in conjunction with the abilities reminder feature. It also provides a quick way to check if a user's qualifications are up to date without the need to view a physical copy of the document.
NOTE: Storing electronic copies of qualifications (or other such documents) solely in easyemployer may not fulfil auditing requirements for your industry. Some organisations may require records to be maintained out of systems (e.g. hard copy or "corporate backup"). Please check if this solution is suitable for your organisation.
NOTE: This feature is not active in all easyemployer accounts. If you require this feature please contact our support team at email@example.com
2) How to upload a file to a users ability record.
NOTE: You need to ensure the ability has been added to the user before attempting to upload a file to a users ability record.
1. Click 'Organisation' in the navigation bar.
2. Select 'Users' from the list to manage your users.
3. Find the required user and click on their name. With their profile open click on the 'Abilities' tab.
4. A popup will be displayed, a list of abilities will appear on the left side up the popup box. Select an ability by ticking the corresponding box.
5. Once an ability appears on the list, a file upload can be triggered by clicking the 'select file' text or by "dragging and dropping" a file into the box.
6. When an ability has been added the file name will be listed.
7. To save the file against the ability click the 'Save' button.
8. Any ability with a file will have an image of a "certificate" displayed to indicate that a file has been saved against it. Clicking this will download the file and users can view the file on their local device.
9. If an ability has already been assigned to a user but no file upload exists a file can still be uploaded by clicking on the edit button in the actions column.
10. The process here is the same as before. Users can add a new ability image by clicking the 'select a file' text or by dragging and dropping into the box.
11. Click save once the correct file has been added.
12. The file will be displayed and can be accessed in the same way.