🔍 RELATED ARTICLES
This is a short guide about how to find a user that is missing from the rosters, timesheets or clocking application.
Often issues such as this can be solved by those with appropriate permissions in an organisation. This guide steps users through the troubleshooting process to find the setting that might be stopping the user from appearing.
2) User not showing on the roster or timesheet
If a user (employee) is not showing on the roster or timesheet, please follow these steps:
i) Check if they are active
Check their status and make sure they are active:
- Click Organisation.
- Click Users.
- Ensure that employees of all status types are visible by selecting the boxes for Active, Inactive and Terminated.
- Locate the user not appearing on the roster or timesheet.
Their current employment status will be reflected in the Status column, as Active, Inactive, or Terminated.
- If their status is Active, proceed to step ii).
- If their status has been incorrectly set to Inactive or Terminated:
- Click Actions (three-dots icon) at the end of the selected user's row.
- Click Activate.
- Return to the roster or timesheet to check if this has worked. If not, proceed to step ii).
ii) Check if they have been properly assigned to any roles
Only users assigned to roles will show on the timesheet:
The user may not be appearing if they currently aren't assigned any roles. To check this:
- Click Organisation.
- Click Users.
- Select the user who is not showing in the roster.
- Click Roles on the sidebar.
- Click Edit (pencil icon).
- Select the appropriate role.
- Click Save (floppy disk icon)
3) User not showing on fingerprint scanner
For a user to show on the fingerprint clocking station, they need to have either clocking options, or fingerprint scanning enabled.
To check if a user has clocking options available:
- Navigate to Organisation > Users, and select the user.
- On the sidebar, click Clocking, and check that the correct clocking method or methods are active.
- If not, click edit on the row of the required option, make your selection (checkbox ticked = Yes / unticked = No), and click save.
4) User cannot log in / Change organisation
i) User cannot log in to Easy Employer
There could be a few reasons why users cannot log in, these include:
- Incorrect password
- Incorrect email address
- Accessing the wrong organisation (if the user has access to multiple organisations)
- Access to the account has not been granted
- The user has not completed the setup process
The first step to resolve this issue is to check that the user has online access (directions for checking this can be found below). Additional checks need to be performed to discover where the issue exists and the action that needs to be taken.
There are a few checks that need to be performed to discover why this issue has occurred. It is important to ensure the employee has been granted online access. If online access has not yet been granted, Easy Employer will display a link to send the user an online access invitation.
If the user has been granted online access it does not mean that they have the ability to login. The user may still need to complete the account setup.
When the user has completed the account setup process, a ticked checkbox displays with the message (Account setup complete).
ii) Incorrect organisation or issues changing organisations
If the user has access to multiple organisations they will have the ability to switch between organisations. This can be completed on their home screen by clicking the 'Change organisation' tab.
Users need to select the organisation that they want to access from the list that appears.
How to set an organisation as the default
If users have access to multiple organisations, a default organisation needs to be selected. To change the default organisation:
- Click on 'My profile' in the navigation bar.
- Click on the 'Preferences' tab.
- Click 'edit' on the 'Preferred organisation' section. This will allow users to set the default organisation that will be displayed when the user logs in.
5) User cannot remember the email address they used to sign-up
Users may forget their login email. Managers in Easy Employer do not have visibility or edit authority over a users login email. This can be reset to their communication email (set in the profile page for each user) by removing the users online access.
This can be resolved by opening the users profile and clicking on Settings.
Disable online access (the tick needs to be removed from the box).
Re-enable online access.