🔍 RELATED ARTICLES
The timesheet records the actual clocked data and compares it to the roster shifts for the same period.
The timesheet shifts will need to be approved and the timesheet finalised before payroll processing can occur. This article explains how to perform important tasks relating to a timesheet.
To open the timesheets click Timesheets on the navigation bar and then click Timesheets.
2) Display toggles on timesheets
- The timesheet view can be customised according to individual circumstances.
- Click Display toggles (magnifying glass icon at the top left hand corner of the page).
- Display toggles can provide more or less information as required.
3) Add shifts to timesheets
There are a few situations where you may need to add an actual shift to a timesheet. These may include but are not limited to:
- an employee forgetting to clock on and off but actually worked,
- an employee not turning up to a shift,
- adding a leave shift if someone is sick on that day.
To add a shift to the timesheet:
- Click the white space below the rostered shift or if there is not rostered shift, click the white space corresponding to the employee and day.
- The Create Actual Shift dialog box is displayed.
- The Start date, Start time, End date, End time will automatically match the rostered shift.
- Make any manual adjustments to the shift if needed.
- To complete adding the shift, click on one of the available options:
- Save: Creates a paid shift.
- Create leave: Brings up the Create leave request page.
NOTE: Added shifts have a burgundy background colour (changed by manager).
For more information on what each colour background represents, click the Key icon (located next to the magnifying glass icon on the top left hand corner of the page).
4) Edit shifts on timesheets
- Click the clocked (actual) shift (denoted by a dark grey background colour).
- Click Manage (pencil icon) to edit the shift.
The Edit actual shift dialog box is displayed.
- You can edit the start time, end time, leave a shift message or edit/create a break.
- To complete editing the shift, click on one of the available options:
- Save: Stores the changes on the actual shift.
- Convert to leave:
- Displays a dialogue box with the leave options for the employee.
- Select the leave type, if it is paid or unpaid, and click Save.
5) Add breaks to timesheet shifts
- Select the shift that you wish to add a break to.
- Follow steps 1 to 3 from the previous section to edit the shift that you wish to add a break to.
- Click Add break.
- Select the break type, start time, end time/duration, and click Save.
- Click Save on the Edit actual shift dialogue box.